Friday 29 November 2019

Mission 3 Process

After looking through the missions available for mission 3, I decided to go for Text Analysis. I chose this mission as I used to read a lot when I was a younger (not that I'm old now 😂) and I thought it would be interesting to learn more about analyzing text. My teammates for this mission are Ron and Khang.

Our goals for this mission are:
> Learn how computers can assist in analyzing literary texts
> Practice using different tools for text analysis
> Learn how to compare and distinguish between different types of software-driven analysis
> Practice applying insights gained through software-driven analysis within a critical analysis of text

The product we hope to have finished by the end of the mission is a roughly 5 minute video presenting what we have researched and analysed. We have split the tasks between ourselves. I will be doing the analyzing parts on 2 authors. Philip Pullman which is an author I know and have read his trilogy, His Dark Materials, two times. The other author being Stieg Larsson, who I don't know as well and haven't read his books before. I will be using Voyant Tools to analyze the texts from the books that these authors have wrote.



Ron will be in charge of editing the video, taking all the resources and information we gather to present it through video format. Khang will be in charge of researching all about text analysis, the different tools and how they assist in analyzing literary texts.

The resources that will help us with this mission are going to be; Goggle for all our researching needs. We will be using Voyant Tools, which is also found on google to analyze the text, it is a free web application that is usable and available for anyone to use. We will also be using Adobe Premier Pro for video editing and Adobe Auditions if we need to edit sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment