Friday 6 December 2019

Mission 3 Product

Our final product for mission 3 was a video around 5 minutes in length. In this video he had included an intro, research, the analytics we made and a small clip showing how we made the video presentation.

As our team was split into each doing different task it made it easier to gain all the information we needed for the video. I was in charge of analyzing the text and getting visuals. Khang was in charge of research on text analysis and Ron was in charge of the video editing process. We started the video with an intro which I created by screen recording the screen while scrolling through a digital book. It gave it a cool effect to start off the video.



From there the video moves on to the research. Once Khang had researched on Text Analysis he recorded his voice on his phone reading out what he had found out. He then proceeded to make a PowerPoint with some information and visuals there. He then screen recorded the PowerPoint being presented in real time with the recording he had of his voice to sync them together. He sent the final product to Ron, which was then added to the final video.

After the research came my part, the Analytics and visuals created. For my part in the mission I first started by copy and pasting the whole text from the eBooks into separate word documents for each book. I did that for 5 books. 3 from Philip Pullman, whom I have read before and 2 from Stieg Larsson, whom I haven't read before.Once I had all 5 word documents it was a matter of copy and pasting the text into Voyant Tools to generate visuals and analytics about each text. I saved these Visuals and also screen recorded the full process for one of the books which was then put in the video and sped up. For the voice recording I had written down what I was going to say and borrowed a microphone off a friend to record the audio. I sent everything to Ron and he got started on the video editing.


Once the video editing was finished we checked it a few times to edit any mistakes and submitted it on time.

No comments:

Post a Comment